Al-Akrad Front rebels. Photo: ARA News
- Turkey-backed rebel group in Syria joins Jihadist alliance
- US calls Russian action in Syria ‘barbarism’, as Moscow intensifies strikes on Aleppo
- US sending arms to Kurdish-led SDF in Syria, Turkey’s Erdogan outraged
- Syrian, Russian warplanes bomb Aleppo, over 70 civilians reported dead
- YPG exchanges prisoners with ISIS in Syria’s Hasakah
- US-led coalition delivering aid to civilians in post-ISIS Manbij
- ISIS claims shooting down US drone northeast Syria
Aleppo, Syria – Rebels of al-Akrad Front brigade claimed control on Monday over Tel Sha’eer village in the countryside of Aleppo, north of Syria, after clashes with al-Qaeda splinter group of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Talking to ARA News, Ahmed Hisso, spokesman of al-Akrad Brigade, said that the brigade’s fighters were able to control the village (Tel Sha’eer), after clashes with ISIL militants, adding that 8 ISIL militants were killed before withdrawing from the village.
“This coincided with the arrival of military reinforcements to the ISIL group in al-Ra’ee town near the Turkish border,” Hisso said.
“Fighters of Shams al-Shamal and Islam Army factions arrived in the region to support al-Akrad Front brigade in the town (al-Ra’ee), amid clashes with ISIL groups in the area,” Hisso told ARA News.
Hisso pointed out that more clashes broke out between the brigade fighters (al-Akrad Front) and ISIL group in the areas of Zor Mighar and Khirab Atto in the countryside of the Kurdish-populated city of Kobane, northeast of Aleppo.
Al-Akrad Front (Jabhat al-Akrad) is mainly staffed by Syrian Kurdish fighters allied with the Free Syrian Army (FSA).
Reporting by: Haya al-Abdullah
Source: ARA News