Al-Akrad Front rebels. Photo: ARA News
- Islamic State claims responsibility for assassination of Syrian rebel leader
- US-led coalition spokesman to ARA News: We won’t reduce anti-ISIS airstrikes in Manbij
- Syrian regime forces bomb Violations Documentation Centre in Damascus
- US-led coalition to investigate civilian casualties in recent anti-ISIS strikes
- Islamic State militants attack Syrian army positions, shoot down warplane in Homs
- Kurdish YPG forces bid farewell to American volunteer killed while fighting ISIS in Syria
- Kurds to Syrian opposition: halting coalition airstrikes will only help ISIS
Aleppo, Syria – Rebels of al-Akrad Front brigade claimed control on Monday over Tel Sha’eer village in the countryside of Aleppo, north of Syria, after clashes with al-Qaeda splinter group of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Talking to ARA News, Ahmed Hisso, spokesman of al-Akrad Brigade, said that the brigade’s fighters were able to control the village (Tel Sha’eer), after clashes with ISIL militants, adding that 8 ISIL militants were killed before withdrawing from the village.
“This coincided with the arrival of military reinforcements to the ISIL group in al-Ra’ee town near the Turkish border,” Hisso said.
“Fighters of Shams al-Shamal and Islam Army factions arrived in the region to support al-Akrad Front brigade in the town (al-Ra’ee), amid clashes with ISIL groups in the area,” Hisso told ARA News.
Hisso pointed out that more clashes broke out between the brigade fighters (al-Akrad Front) and ISIL group in the areas of Zor Mighar and Khirab Atto in the countryside of the Kurdish-populated city of Kobane, northeast of Aleppo.
Al-Akrad Front (Jabhat al-Akrad) is mainly staffed by Syrian Kurdish fighters allied with the Free Syrian Army (FSA).
Reporting by: Haya al-Abdullah
Source: ARA News