Syrian Defence Minister: Army won the war

9.jpg

Syrian Minister of Defence, Fahd Jassem Freij. File photo

ARA News

Qamishli, Syria – General Fahd Jassem Freij, the Syrian Defence Minister and Commander in Chief Deputy of the Syrian army, called the armed factions fighting against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad to lay down their arms and give up, emphasizing that the pro-Assad forces have already won the war.

Freij’s call came in a statement to the Syrian TV on the occasion of the 69th anniversary of founding the Syrian Arab Army, where he demanded the armed opposition forces to lay down their arms and “to resort to the homeland and the language of reason, to return to the bosom of the nation”.

The Syrian Defence Minister stressed that those who held arms against the regime “have took the side of the enemies against their own people”.

“Those who still believe that these few gangs (in reference to Syria rebels) have a chance to win against Syria are quite wrong,” he said. “The war in its strategic framework has been resolved in favour of the homeland by the brave achievements of the Syrian Arab Army.”

“What is happening in Syria is a military, economic, political, diplomatic and intelligence war all together,” Freij added in a phone call with the Syrian state television on Saturday.

On the other hand, Ahmed Hisso, spokesman of the anti-Assad Jabhat al-Akrad Brigade (al-Akrad Front), stated to ARA News that the regime is spreading chaos and helped the Islamic State group (al-Qaeda offshoot group previously known as ‘ISIL’) to fight the opposition forces.

“Syria was exposed to external invasion (by Islamic State militants), but the Baathist regime of Bashar al-Assad resorting to brutal crackdown has also helped to ruin the country and helped mercenaries against the Syrian people,,” Hisso added. “The Assad regime is the only party responsible for the destruction of the country. The regime wants people to believe that its forces are protecting the country against terrorists while they continue offensive against civilians in different parts across Syria.”

Hisso stressed that the Syrian Minister of Defence should have rather called on its air force to strop shelling residential buildings in Aleppo than demanding the rebel to give up the war.

“We will never forget out martyrs, and we will continue the fight until liberating the entire Syrian land from pro-Assad militias and achieve the freedom we fought for over three years,” Hisso told ARA News.

Noteworthy, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad appointed Gen. Fahd Jassem Freij as Minister of Defence, succeeding Dawood Rajha who was killed with his deputy Assef Shawkat in the bombing targeted a building of National Security in Damascus on July 18, 2012.

 

Reporting by: Dilshad Mohammed and Ridwan Bizar

Source: ARA News

For the latest news follow us on Twitter

Join our Weekly Newsletter

Shortlink:

Related Items

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eighteen + seven =

Top