ISIS leading militant appears in Iraqi Anbar after reports of his death

5ddefde8-11ae-4ae5-b52a-5867a734e2a9_4x3_690x515_454403_large.jpg

Shaker Wahib al-Fahdawi al-Dulaimi, leading member of ISIS in Anbar

ARA News

Erbil, Kurdistan Region – After nearly eight months of reports about his death, leading member of the Islamic State group (IS/ISIS) Shaker Wahib al-Fahdawi al-Dulaimi (also known as Prince of the Desert and Nusayris Hunter) appeared in a footage published online Sunday by pro-IS sources in Iraq.

Abu Wahib is the military commander for the Anbar province in Iraq. He has falsely been declared dead several times last year. 

He is notorious for the execution of a group of Syrian Shiite truck drivers in Iraq in summer 2013.

The group published images for the IS leading member, Abu Wahib, driving a car in Anbar western Iraq, with burning marks shown on his right hand. 

A pro-IS source in Anbar told ARA News (on the condition of anonymity) that Abu Wahib recovered and returned to his position after being injured in an air strike by the U.S.-led coalition’s warplanes in October last year.

“Two months after recovery, the IS leading member married for the second time to a woman from Mosul and returned with her to Anbar days ago,” the same source said, pointing out that Abu Wahib’s first wife is the sister of Iraqi MP Ahmed Alwan, who has been under arrest since December 28, 2014, on charges of terrorism and suspicious links to the Islamic State group.

The Iraqi government published an image of the corpse of an IS militant, claiming it’s Abu Wahib, after being subjected to a raid by an Iraqi warplane on the outskirts of Mosul.

 

Reporting by: Sarbaz Yousef and Egid Yousef 

Source: ARA News

For the latest news follow us on Twitter

Join our Weekly Newsletter

Shortlink:

Related Items

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eighteen − 2 =

Top