ISIS militants carrying out mass executions in northern Iraq. File photo
- Islamic State executes eight of its own militants on charges of ‘high treason’
- Netherlands to strip radical Islamists of dual nationality
- Kurdish leaders plea to UN chief Ban Ki-moon to address human rights in Turkey
- Syrian Kurds divided on relations with Iraqi Kurds
- ISIS extremists execute 20 civilians accused of apostasy, committing adultery, spying
- US trained over 1000 Kurdish Peshmerga’s to join battle for Mosul
- Turkey will join EU in year 3000: David Cameron
ERBIL – Extremists of the Islamic State (ISIS) have executed some 300 Iraqi people in Mosul city of the northwestern Nineveh province, an official said on Sunday.
The victims included civilian activists and former members of the Iraqi army and national security.
Official spokesman of the Iraqi army in Nineveh Mahmoud Souraji confirmed the execution of 300 people at the hands of ISIS militants in Mosul over the last few days.
“The terror group has conducted the executions at different locations across Mosul,” he said. “Most of the victims were killed inside the group’s detention centers in the city and its surroundings.”
According to Souraji, who spoke to the local Sumariyah television on Sunday, the majority of those executed were former members of the national security and the Iraqi governmental troops.
“Among them were also a number of media activists who have been detained by the terror group (ISIS) last week in separate raids,” the official said.
Souraji, who based his information on ISIS-linked sources in Mosul, pointed out that the executions were carried out by firing squad.
The victims were reportedly exposed to torture at the hands of foreign jihadis of ISIS before being executed. They have been buried in mass graves in Mosul suburb.
Reporting by: Sarbaz Yousef
source: ARA News