A file photo showing the beheading of an Iraqi teenager by an ISIS executioner.
- Iraqi raids kill dozens of jihadis, including ISIS official in Fallujah
- US refuses to cooperate with Russia in Raqqa campaign, says its forces only work with SDF in anti-ISIS operations
- Islamic State executes eight of its own militants on charges of ‘high treason’
- Netherlands to strip radical Islamists of dual nationality
- Kurdish leaders plea to UN chief Ban Ki-moon to address human rights in Turkey
- Syrian Kurds divided on relations with Iraqi Kurds
- ISIS extremists execute 20 civilians accused of apostasy, committing adultery, spying
QAMISHLI – The radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) on Tuesday executed a teenage boy in Mosul city of Iraq’s northwestern Nineveh province.
The 15-year-old boy was arrested by ISIS militants in central Mosul for listening to “western music”, according to local sources.
“Ayham Hussein was captured by the jihadis while listening to Pop music at the grocery store of his father in the Nabi Younis marketplace in western Mosul. He was referred to the Sharia Court, which issued a decision to execute him,” a spokesman for the Nineveh media center told ARA News.
“ISIS jihadis publicly beheaded the boy,” the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The victim’s body was reportedly handed over to his family on Tuesday evening. The incident has raised public outrage among Mosul’s residents.
“There was no formal decision by the Sharia Court that ban listening to western music,” the source said, adding this was the first case of its kind to be documented in Mosul.
Reporting by: Ahmed Shiwesh
Source: ARA News