A file photo showing the beheading of an Iraqi teenager by an ISIS executioner.
- US airstrike kills French jihadi leader and his wife in Mosul
- US to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees: official
- Kurdish intelligence and US-led coalition increase coordination to destroy ISIS leadership
- Iraqi Kurdistan’s security chief confirms delivery of aid to Syrian Kurds
- Deadly suicide attack hit Ataturk airport in Istanbul
- Syrian opposition calls on EU to sanction Russia over Syria
- Erdogan apologizes to Putin for shooting down Russian jet
QAMISHLI – The radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) on Tuesday executed a teenage boy in Mosul city of Iraq’s northwestern Nineveh province.
The 15-year-old boy was arrested by ISIS militants in central Mosul for listening to “western music”, according to local sources.
“Ayham Hussein was captured by the jihadis while listening to Pop music at the grocery store of his father in the Nabi Younis marketplace in western Mosul. He was referred to the Sharia Court, which issued a decision to execute him,” a spokesman for the Nineveh media center told ARA News.
“ISIS jihadis publicly beheaded the boy,” the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The victim’s body was reportedly handed over to his family on Tuesday evening. The incident has raised public outrage among Mosul’s residents.
“There was no formal decision by the Sharia Court that ban listening to western music,” the source said, adding this was the first case of its kind to be documented in Mosul.
Reporting by: Ahmed Shiwesh
Source: ARA News