Children victimized in Damascus air strikes
Syria children, victims of air strikes. File photo
- From Hollywood to Syria.. Michael Enright joins Kurdish forces to combat ISIS
- ISIS demands ransom for the release of 212 Assyrian hostages
- Syrian regime air force pounds rebel-held town, 10 civilians killed
- Syrian crisis.. main topic of U.S.-Russia talks
- Syria opposition coalition turns down talks with UN envoy
- ISIS militants clash with pro-Assad forces near airbase
- Israel prepares for a post-Assad phase in neighboring Syria
Damascus, Syria – At least 6 civilians were killed on Sunday in Jisreen town in the southern countryside of Damascus, amid an air strike by the Syrian air force.
Talking to ARA News, Ahmad Sabbagh, civil rights activist based in Damascus, said: “The pro-Assad warplanes launched two air raids on the town of Jisreen, killing 6 civilians, including two children, and dozens of others were wounded, mostly women and children.”
“The injured were transferred to a newly established field hospital in the town,” Sabbagh reported.
Meanwhile, the pro-regime warplanes targeted Maliha town in the Eastern Ghouta of Damascus countryside with rockets, coinciding with clashes between the regime forces and rebels of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) on the outskirts of the town.
Local sources in Damascus also reported that the pro-Assad warplanes bombed the city of Darayya in the western Ghouta in Damascus countryside with guided missiles, while similar strike hit Adra city, without recording any casualties.
Reporting by: Jawad al-Ali
Source: ARA News
Short link :