- ISIS takes over key district after clashes with Syrian army in Deir ez-Zor
- More than 40,000 civilians flee Aleppo under regime’s airstrikes northern Syria
- Clashes erupt between Syrian regime and Kurdish forces in Qamishli
- Over 50 civilians killed as Syrian warplanes hit popular market in Idlib province
- Historic Syrian Arch of Triumph destroyed by ISIS, recreated in London
- Syrian Democratic Forces capture ISIS jihadi in Hasakah
- Syrian army losing ground to Islamists in Hama
Aleppo, Syria− The rebel group of Jabhat al-Akrad issued a statement on Friday saying that its fighters are prepared to regain control over areas in the suburbs of Aleppo from the al-Qaeda affiliated fighters of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Jabhat al-Arad (al-Akrad Front) −mainly staffed by Kurdish fighters− works under the leadership of the anti-Assad rebel group of the Free Syrian Army (FSA).
Ahmed Hisso, the spokesman of Jabhat al-Akrad, told ARA News that the group has planned military operations in coordination with other rebel groups to launch an extended crackdown against al-Qaeda-linked ISIL in Azaz area, north of Aleppo.
“The campaign started on Thursday morning, and our fighters (Jabhat al-Akrad) took over the villages of Meryamin and Anab after fierce clashes with members of ISIL,” said Hisso.
“We have also seized weapons and ammunition, as the villages of Kashtar, Tinnab and Deir Jamal fell under our control after clashing with ISIL groups,” he added. “Nine members of ISIL were killed and several others wounded.”
The ISIL has earlier took several villages in Aleppo suburbs as strongholds. The group is in conflict with the opposition forces since nearly two months.
Hisso pointed out that the Brigade considered the areas between villages of Deir Jamal, Meryamin, Azaz and Tel Rifaat cities as conflict zones, warning civilians to evacuate the area in order to avoid casualties.
Reporting by: Haya al-Abdullah
Source: ARA News