Members of Syrian National coalition (SNC) attend a meeting of the National Coalition of Syrian Revolution and Opposition forces on September 13, 2013, in Istanbul. File photo: AFP
- Kurds take over security checkpoints in Hasakah amid ISIS attacks
- Russia increases military support to Syria’s Assad
- At least 40 pro-Assad forces killed in ISIS raids
- ISIS militants advance in Syria’s Hasakah despite airstrikes
- Syrian rebels take over regime headquarters in Daraa
- UN envoy continues consultations on ways to end Syria’s escalating conflict
- ISIS militants report gains in Syria’s Hasakah
Kobane, Syria– The National Coalition for the Syrian Opposition and Revolutionary Forces (SNC) issued a statement on Thursday declaring “the organic liaison between the regime and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL)”.
“After months of intense battles led by revolutionists to eradicate the ‘radical ISIL’ and in which they were able to force out this group from most of the regions in north of Syria, militants of ISIL still commit atrocities against civilians in Raqqa governorate occupied by the group,” the statement read.
The SNC statement confirmed that several documents leaked recently revealed the regime’s granting of forged identities to Iraqi militants to enter Syria and join ISIL.
The statement quoted a previously-made speech by Ahmad al-Jarba, the president of the Syrian National Coalition, about the relationship between the regime and ISIL, saying: “There is a deep collusion and liaison between these two formations. When the world hears al-Assad’s nonsense about terrorism, they should ask themselves ‘who is the real terrorist in Syria?'”
The SNC also appealed to the Friends of Syria group for more support to the Free Syrian Army (FSA), which was able to “liberate many areas from ISIL, to end up the occupation of Raqqa and put an end to expansionary plans of this group in Aleppo and Deir ez-Zor environs as well as other Syrian areas”.
Reporting by: Sadruddin Kino
Source: ARA News