Syrian Defense Minister, Emad Fahad Jasim al-Firej (C). File photo
- Kurds vow to prevent Assad regime from holding parliamentary elections in Rojava
- ISIS militants launch fierce offensive on Kobane, casualties reported
- Dutch govt to send military experts to train Kurdish Peshmerga in war on ISIS
- Syrian Kurdish forces to inaugurate first representation office in Czech Republic
- Turkey’s Erdogan to discuss Syrian Kurds with US
- Syrian Kurds worried about Geneva talks
- Assyrian leader accuses PYD of monopolizing power in Syria’s north
Hasakah, Syria – Syrian regime’s political and military leaders have successively visited the cities of Hasakah and Qamishli in northeastern Syria in the last period. On Thursday, Syrian state-owned media outlets reported the visit of the Syrian Defence Minister, Emad Fahad Jasim al-Firej, to the city of Qamshli.
The Defense Minister, accompanied by several military leaders, met one of the regime’s military formations in the Airport of Qamishli.
“Our armed forces will fight for every inch of the Syrian territories; there will be no compromise over any part of the Syrian Arab Republic,” al-Firej told Syrian state media.
The visit coincided with the preparations for the presidential elections to be held on the 3rd of next June.
Local activist Khorshid Hamo told ARA News that that the election officers in Hasakah governorate have sworn their oaths in front of the responsible committee of the First Special Court.
Hamo quoted an election officer saying: “The ballot boxes in the cities of Hasakah and Qamishli and the countryside controlled by the government were reduced to 414 ballot boxes. As for the areas in northeastern Syria which fall under the control of the Kurdish military forces of the Democratic Union Party (PYD), it’s still not clear whether voting centers will be opened in those areas”.
Notably, the Assistant Regional Secretary of the Baath Party, Hilal Hilal, visited the city of Hasakah accompanied by security chiefs and pro-regime TV news channels few days ago and met a delegation of Arab tribes.
Reporting by: Zaradesht Khalil
Source: ARA News