Corpse of the PYD member in Qamishli National Hospital. Photo: Activists
- ISIS militants launch fierce offensive on Kobane, casualties reported
- Dutch govt to send military experts to train Kurdish Peshmerga in war on ISIS
- Syrian Kurdish forces to inaugurate first representation office in Czech Republic
- Turkey’s Erdogan to discuss Syrian Kurds with US
- Syrian Kurds worried about Geneva talks
- Assyrian leader accuses PYD of monopolizing power in Syria’s north
- Syrian Kurdish refugees divided over federalism declaration
Qamishli, Syria – Abdullah Ahmad Qirtimini, member of the Democratic Union Party PYD and People’s Council of Western Kurdistan, was reported dead on Thursday evening in an explosion which targeted his car in Kournish neighbourhood in Qamishli city, northeast of Syria.
An improvised explosive device was implanted by anonymous in the car of Qirtmini, leading to the explosion and the PYD politician’s death.
Ayaz Hassan, civil activist based in Qamishli, stated to ARA News that the PYD member lost his life by an improvised explosive device which was implanted in his private car in the neighbourhood of Kournish in Qamishli.
“The victim’s family attacked homes (of well-known Arab families from Sharabiya clan) adjacent to the explosion location, burning one of the houses after accusing them of executing the assassination,” Hassan said.
Meanwhile, activists from the city of Qamishli stated to ARA News that a large number of civilians, mostly children, were wounded on Friday evening due to stray bullets fired randomly by Assad supporters who were celebrating the Syrian President’s win in the recent elections.
Moreover, the celebrations resulted in the death of a 13-year-old girl, Aya Mohammad Ali, in the neighbourhood of Qanat al-Sueis, east of Qamishli.
Reporting by: Dilshad Mohammed
Source: ARA News