Syria-Turkey borders. Photo: ARA News
- Islamists attack Syrian military airport near Deir ez-Zor
- Assad to form “united front” with Iraqi government to combat ISIS
- Islamic State recruits 400 new children
- Jordan to train Arab tribes in Syria and Iraq to combat ISIS
- Islamic State tries to extend control over Syria’s Homs and Hamah
- Israeli Arab prosecuted for traveling to Syria
- 791 Palestinians imprisoned in Syria, others missing: NGO
Efrin, Syria – The Turkish border guards killed on Saturday evening a Kurdish young man from Syria’s Efrin while trying to cross into Turkey.
Ahmad Mohammed, 22-year-old resident of Deir Sawan village in Efrin area, north of Aleppo, was shot dead by the Turkish border guards while trying to cross the borders illegally.
Speaking to ARA News, a doctor who checked Mohammed’s dead body in Afrin Hospital said: “The victim was shot in abdomen, which led to internal bleeding, causing his death.”
The doctor, who preferred anonymity, said that Mohammed was left bleeding for hours at the border-line, before some villagers found and moved him to the hospital in Efrin city.
This is the third case during June where civilians, illegally crossing Turkish borders, are being shot. Several other cases took place in the last few months. Many Syrians protested in May against what they described “brutality of Turkish border guards“.
Reporting by: Jinda Ahmad
Source: ARA News