Sijo Garage in Syria's Azaz following the attack. Photo: Activists
- ISIS militants make new gains in Aleppo
- Syrian Islamist rebels ask for evacuation of Kurds in Aleppo after massacre
- Three senior Iranian officers killed in clashes with Syrian rebels in Aleppo
- Syrian armed opposition reports gains in Mount Turkmen of Latakia
- ISIS executes, crucifies Syrian man on charges of ‘fighting the Caliphate’
- Syrian Islamist rebels capture key town western Hama
- Fate of ISIS-held Syrian-Turkish border still unclear
Afrin, Syria – On Monday, a car bomb exploded in Sijo Garage near Syria’s Bab al-Salama crossing at the Turkish border. At least 7 civilians were killed and dozens others injured.
Sijo Garage in the city of Azaz is considered a main center for public transportation in the area, where dozens of civilians were gathered on Monday afternoon at the time of the explosion.
Media activists in the area told ARA News that the attack was carried out by militants of the Islamic State (IS) and targeted the Syrian opposition-linked Media Office in Azaz city (located next to Sijo Garage).
Noteworthy, similar attacks targeted Bab al-Salama crossing in Azaz in May 2013, were carried out by cells suspected to have links with the Syrian regime, according to opposition activists.
Reporting by: Jiwan Zawaref
Source: ARA News