Kurdish fighters inspect an ISIS vehicle, bearing a jihadist flag, after it was hit by a U.S. air strike in northern Iraq last month. File photo
- Islamic State executes Syrian soldier, threatens to storm Assad’s hometown
- Syria welcomes Iranian nuclear deal
- Syrian rebels reach regime-held military base south of Idlib
- 15,000 antiquities at risk in militia-run Idlib: Syrian officials
- Jihadists of ISIS and Qaeda attack Syrian rebels in Damascus
- Syria hosts world’s extremists
- Turkey arrests four Russians before crossing into Syria to join ISIS
Hasakah, Syria – At least 19 militants of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) were killed during airstrikes by the U.S.-led international coalition in Raqqa province, in northeastern Syria, local sources reported on Tuesday.
Speaking to ARA News in Raqqa, civil rights activist Abu Ibrahim Raqawi, said that 19 militants of the Islamic State were killed in the brick factory in Raqqa province, amid intensified airstrikes by the coalition warplanes.
The brick factory’s building in Raqqa was taken by IS militants as a stronghold earlier this year.
“The group has collected the bodies of killed militants in Raqqa and moved them to the central hospital on Tuesday afternoon,” Raqawi said.
Officials of the coalition reported 18 new airstrikes against the IS military units and weapons centers.
According to a statement by the Combined Joint Task Force, the U.S.-led operations included 12 raids in Syria and six others in Iraq on Monday.
Reporting by: Zozan Shekhu
Source: ARA News