- Germany divided over expulsion of convicted asylum seekers
- ISIS arrests dozens of Iraqi teachers for protesting against the Sharia curriculum in Nineveh
- U.S.-led strikes cut ISIS oil revenues by 30 pct: Official
- Iraq offers to mediate between Saudi and Iran, fearing for ISIS campaign
- Turkey assassinates three Kurdish female activists in Şırnak
- ISIS tries to impede Peshmerga progress towards Mosul
- ISIS territory shrinks in Iraq, Syria: U.S.-led coalition
Beirut, Lebanon – On Friday, militant fighters of al-Nusra Front (al-Qaeda branch in Syria) announced killing a Lebanese soldier.
Ali Bazal was captured by al-Nusra militants along with other fellow soldiers during clashes with Nusra militants near the Lebanese-Syria border in August.
The militant group said it executed Bazal after the Lebanese authorities failed to release Sunni women believed to be relatives of the group’s leaders.
After the announcement, Lebanese military forces deployed at the border line with Syria, preparing for possible military action, security sources reported on Friday.
Dozens of Lebanese soldiers are detained by al-Nusra Front, and the group repeatedly vowed the Lebanese authorities to execute the captives if they do not respond to the calls of holding negotiations and releasing Sunni prisoners in Lebanon.
Reporting by: Rania Rashid
Source: ARA News