- Islamic State executes civilians on charges of links with Syrian regime
- ISIS militants take over major district in Damascus
- U.S. renews anti-ISIS strikes in Syria and Iraq
- Islamic State executes Syrian soldier, threatens to storm Assad’s hometown
- Syria welcomes Iranian nuclear deal
- Syrian rebels reach regime-held military base south of Idlib
- 15,000 antiquities at risk in militia-run Idlib: Syrian officials
Qamishli, Syria – A video posted online Tuesday, showed militants of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) executing a young man in the city of Shaddadi south of Hasakah, in northeastern Syria.
In a public square of the city of Shaddadi, several extremists from IS tied up a young man in front of a crowd of people, amid resistance from the young man, who was calling upon Shaddadi residents and Arabs of the area to help him.
The man was reportedly beheaded on charges of apostasy.
The video graphicallly illustrated how the hardline group cut off the head of the young man with a sword in front of a crowd of civilians in Shaddadi downtown.
Speaking to ARA News in Hasakah, civil rights activist Ismail Ali said that the IS group violates the basic rights of people in areas under its control, and executes anyone who does not apply its decisions and regulations.
Reporting by: Dilshad Mohammed
Source: ARA News