Peshmerga forces. File photo
- Lebanese army combat Syrian militants near Baalbek
- Sweden prosecutes Syrian rebel for ‘war crimes’
- ‘Jihadi John’ uncovered
- Islamic State militants destroy Mosul Library, burn ancient manuscripts
- France seizes passports of suspected jihadists headed for Syria
- Iran executes young Kurdish activist
- 45 Iraqi civilians burned alive by Islamic State militants
A British soldier recently joined the ranks of the Kurdish Peshmerga army to fight against extremists of the Islamic State (IS/ISIL).
On Thursday, Sky TV said that a Briton had left military service to join the Kurdish forces of the Peshmerga in Iraq.
The source reported that the man, whose identity remained anonymous, had earlier told his family he intended to go to the Middle-East, without mentioning his plan of joining the Peshmerga.
The British authorities are aware of the case and are carrying out investigations at the moment.
“We are aware of these reports and we are looking into them,” Sky quoted a British official as saying.