Syrian army soldiers. File photo
- Syrian army reports gains against ISIS near Palmyra
- ISIS maintains positions in Hasakah despite airstrikes
- Syria represents worst refugee crisis in 25 years: U.N. official
- Kurdish forces regain strategic town near Raqqa
- Syrian rebels advance in Aleppo, Assad army responds with barrel bombs
- Pro-Assad forces target Deir ez-Zor with chemical agents, killing a family of five
- Al-Qaeda abducts Syrian priest, Christians warn of sectarian strife
Aleppo, Syria – On Tuesday, pro-Syrian regime forces and allied militias executed dozens of civilians in the village of Ratyan, in the northern countryside of Aleppo, in northern Syria, local sources reported.
“Subsequent to their control of the village of Ratyan, pro-Assad military forces, backed by the Lebanese militias of Hezbollah and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards militia, committed a massacre of at least 30 civilians, as well as injuring hundreds of others in the village,” civil rights activist Imad Hussein told ARA News. “The victims were killed with knives”
In the meantime, rebels of the Sham Front (linked to the Free Syrian Army ‘FSA’) were reportedly able to regain control of the villages of Bashkoy, Hardanti and Ratyan on Tuesday evening after fierce clashes with the pro-regime forces.
Hussein pointed out that the Sham Front fighters transferred the wounded to the field hospital in the city of Tel Rifaat and to hospitals in Turkey.
Speaking to ARA News in Aleppo, civil rights activist Yamen Telli said that a number of the Sham Front fighters were reported killed during clashes with pro-regime forces in the village of Ratyan, including a leader in the FSA-linked Nuraddin Zanki Movement called Hassan Maykah.
Telli added that six fighters from the Sham Front rebels were also killed in clashes with pro-Assad forces in the Rashideen neighborhood of Aleppo, during an attack by the regime forces on Tuesday evening.
“Similar clashes broke out between the al-Nusra Front backed by Brigades of Abu Amara and the pro-regime forces near the village of Aziza south of Aleppo,” the source told ARA News.
Reporting by: Haya al-Abdullah
Source: ARA News