Members of the Syrian Arab Army. File photo
- Thousands of civilians besieged by ISIS and Syrian army in Deir ez-Zor
- Fifteen hundred Caucasians fighting alongside ISIS
- Turkish border police imposes extra restrictions on Syrians
- Rifts break out among pro-Assad militias in Syria’s Hasakah
- “West tries to weaken Russia”: Assad
- UK to join U.S.-led training of Syrian moderate rebels
- War in Syria and Iraq generate highest asylum claims in West
Damascus, Syria – Military leaders of the Army of Islam (linked to the Free Syrian Army “FSA”) in the Eastern Ghouta of Damascus countryside, announced Thursday that their fighters were able to kill at least 15 members of the pro-regime forces during sporadic clashes near the Ghouta.
Speaking to ARA News, aid worker M.N. said that rebels of the Army of Islam were able to repel an infiltration attempt by the pro-Assad forces (backed by Iraqi Shiite militias and members of the Lebanese militia of Hezbollah), in the area of Tel Kurdi, east of the city of Duma in Ghouta.
Duma is deemed the largest city in the Damascus countryside.
The same source pointed out that the rebels of the Army of Islam destroyed several pro-Assad tanks and armored vehicles.
On the other hand, units of border guards in the pro-Assad Syrian Arab Army, were able to thwart an attempt by terrorists to infiltrate the Syrian-Jordanian border Thursday morning, the Syrian state news agency SANA quoted sources from the Syrian regime’s army as saying.
“Units of the border guards were engaged in clashes with a group of terrorists who tried to infiltrate into the Syrian territory near police headquarters “62” and “63” southwest the town Mataiya in southern Daraa, which resulted in the death of a several terrorists and the injury of many others, while the rest fled returning to the Jordanian territory,” SANA reported.
Reporting by: Suha Darwish
Source: ARA News