Pro-Assad soldiers collect corpses of opposition members in Deir ez-Zor. File photo
- U.S.-led strikes assist Kurdish advance against ISIS north Syria
- ISIS beheads 34 Syrians in Deir ez-Zor, Assad army hits the city with barrel bombs
- Syria’s relief organizations under Islamists’ attack
- U.S. and Turkey to provide aerial cover to Syrian moderate rebels
- ISIS executes more than 300 civilians in Syria’s Palmyra
- Palmyra’s residents at risk, U.N. concerned
- Hezbollah says it will step up presence in Syria as needed
Deir ez-Zor – On Sunday, the pro-Syrian regime helicopters dropped several barrel bombs on the city of Deir ez-Zor, northeastern Syria, resulted in the death of at least 30 civilians, including women and children, local sources reported.
In the meantime, the radial group of the Islamic State (IS/ISIL) executed 27 civilians in the province.
The victims were beheaded on charges of apostasy and leaking confidential information about the group to the regime.
Activists told ARA News that the province witnessed a campaign of executions for three consecutive days in the Kharita town and the villages of al-Masrab, Hawyej Shamiya, and Muhamida in the western countryside of Deir ez-Zor.
The village of Hatla and the town of Khasham in the eastern countryside of Deir ez-Zor have also seen the beheading of at least 6 civilians by the radical group on Sunday.
“Deir ez-Zor is one of the major Syrian provinces that paid a huge price for its participation in the Syrian revolution, especially in the countryside,” the Human rights activist Abdul Majeed Salkini told ARA News.
“People in the countryside paid the price for their participation in the anti-Assad uprising; they were killed, displaced, and humiliated at the hands of the Syrian regime in the first phase, then the Islamic State,” he added.
Over the past two years, IS arrested and beheaded hundreds of civilians in the countryside of Deir ez-Zor. The bloodiest atrocities were reportedly committed against the Arab clan of al-Sheitaat as hundreds of its members were barbarically executed and buried in mass graves.
Reporting by: Jan Nasro
Source: ARA News