A Syrian rebel fighter in Aleppo. File photo
- ISIS cuts off rebel supply routs north Aleppo, fuel shortage deepens civilians suffering
- Remnants of militants corpses raise fears of diseases in Syria’s Hasakah
- PYD leader: YPG forces will hand over Tel Abyad city to a civil administration
- Assad army beats back rebel offensive in southern Syria
- Islamists shell regime-held districts in Damascus, casualties reported
- Kurds liberate Syrian border city from ISIS north Raqqa
- Islamic State seeks new recruits in Syria’s Deir ez-Zor
Aleppo, Syria – Syrian rebels of Noureddin Zanki Brigades and ash-Shamiya Front seized control of ar-Rashideen Shamali district from the pro-regime forces in the city of Aleppo, northern Syria, military sources reported on Thursday.
“Subsequent to fierce battles with pro-Assad forces, the rebels regained the entire district of ar-Rashideen Shamali in the city of Aleppo,” Saleh Zein, a field commander of ash-Shamiya faction told ARA News, pointing out that the clashes now moved to the Scientific Research’s building in Halab Jdida district where regime forces are stationed.
The same source confirmed that the Suqur al-Jabal brigade (Mount Hawks) of Ash-Shamiya Front were able to kill 30 pro-Assad soldiers and destroy two regime-led tanks at the entrance of Halab Jdida district after targeting then with missiles (type Tao).
Meanwhile, the pro-regime forces hit ar-Rashideen Shamali with two barrel bombs and three missiles (type Phil).
ARA News could not verify the death toll among civilians there.
In Aleppo’s northern countryside, the Shamiya and Ansar al-Sunna rebels were able Wednesday to take over parts of Bashkoy town.
Speaking to ARA News, Nasser Ibrahim, local media activist in Aleppo countryside, said that ash-Shamiya fighters were able to control several buildings within the town of Bashkoy in which hundreds of pro-Assad forces are based with allied Afghan fighters –who are fighting alongside the regime’s army in the region.
In March 2015, the pro-regime forces were able to control the town of Bashkoy –which is considered an important base for the pro-regime forces in the northern countryside of Aleppo.
Reporting by: Taim Khalil
Source: ARA News