From the execution of the four Syrian soldiers in al-Mayadeen
- Syrian Priest disappears in as-Suwayda province, activists accuse Nusra Front
- Renewed barrel bomb attacks kill 22 civilians in Syria’s Aleppo
- U.S. strike kills two ISIS commanders in Syria’s Hasakah
- Assad praises Iran nuclear deal as “great victory”
- De Mistura meets Syrian rebel leaders in Jordan
- Syrian army and opposition forces exchange fire in Aleppo, civilians pay heavy price
- ISIS defends final positions in Hasakah
Erbil, Kurdistan Region – The Islamic State radical group (IS/ISIS) released a video showing the execution of four Syrian soldiers in al-Mayadeen city of Deir ez-Zor province, after accusing them of “committing massacres against Muslim families”.
The IS-linked Media Center of “al-Khair State” (Deir ez-Zor province) published a video that starts with scenes of bombings carried out by the Syrian jet fighters and helicopters against civilians, and then displaying prisoners dressed in orange uniforms with four masked jihadists standing behind.
The prisoners were transferred to an ancient castle in the suburb of al-Mayadeen to be executed.
An IS militant justified the execution of the four soldiers, saying they’ve been involved in committing massacres against Muslim families on the behalf of Assad regime.
“Our (IS) jihadists will keep fighting you until the day of justice. We will reach Damascus, Latakia and other cities to liberate them from regime’s tyranny,” the militants said.
The four prisoners were captured during IS clashes with pro-Assad forces in the ancient city of Palmyra, according to the video that was released on Tuesday.
The imprisoned soldiers Samer Mohammed, Ghassan Jabban, Suleiman Mohammed, Samer Faraj al-Qasim and Muyassar Khaled al-Shibli were shot dead near the Rahba castle in the Mayadeen city.
Reporting by: Sarbaz Yousef
Source: ARA News