ISIS supporters waving the group's flag north Syria. File photo
- Nusra offers exchange of Lebanese hostages with Baghdadi’s former wife
- Militants of ISIS bomb Olympic Stadium in Ramadi
- Saudi police arrests an ISIS-linked cell of 431 jihadists
- U.S.-led coalition hits ISIS’ headquarters
- Baghdadi bans broadcast of slaughter scenes
- UK joins US-led coalition in war on ISIS
- Islamic State claims responsibility for bombing Egyptian navy vessel
Qamishli, Syria – Islamic State group (IS/ISIS) vowed in a video message to expand its activities in Algeria.
IS militants released a statement from the group’s media office in Syria’s Raqqa, saying the jihadi war will expand in Algeria, accusing Algerians of apostasy.
The radical group called on its militants and supporters in Algeria to fight apostasy.
In the video message, IS militants Abu Bara al-Jazaeri and Abu Hafs al-Jazaeri demanded Algerian people to announce allegiance to the Islamic State, vowing opponents of a massive war.
The IS extremists said that a group of people in Skikda state and the desert of Algeria pledged allegiance to the alleged caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
“We are glad that our brothers in Skikda and Algerian desert swore allegiance to the Islamic State and its caliph. All jihadist groups in this country should join our ranks,” an IS member said in the video.
“If the war spread in the land of Algeria, we (IS) will definitely head to Andalusia.”
Reporting by: Ahmed Shiwesh
Source: ARA News