ISIS crucifying Syrian man. File photo
- ISIS destroys another ancient temple in Palmyra
- U.S. forces bomb ISIS trench north Syria
- Ahrar al-Sham claims responsibility for Damascus explosion, pro-Assad Brigadier killed
- Syria rebels expel ISIS from town near Aleppo
- Nusra militants seize parts of Syrian military airport
- U.S. committed to a Syrian transition without Assad
- Satellite images confirm Palmyra temple destruction
Damascus – The radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) has executed more than 90 people over the past month in Syria, a monitoring group reported on Sunday.
A third of the victims were civilians, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
The observatory reported that 32 civilians were among 91 people executed for alleged crimes in areas held by the ISIS militant group “between July 29 and August 29”.
“The toll included ISIS members, rebel fighters and forces loyal to President Bashar Assad.”
The radical group executed people on charges of witchcraft, homosexual acts and cooperating with the U.S.-led coalition.
ISIS has been resorting to various ways to execute people, including beheadings, stoning and pushing victims off rooftops.
Reporting by: Laila Majdalawi