Official spokesman of the YPG Redur Khalil (R) speaking in a press conference in Qamishli. Photo: ARA News
- Syrian Democratic Forces aim to capture al-Bab, call for coalition support
- Islamic State militants attack regime forces in eastern Syria
- Rojava university seeks to eliminate constraints on education in Syria’s Kurdish region
- KNC leader arrested after increasing tensions between rival Kurdish parties in Syria
- Hezbollah’s leader agrees with Donald Trump: Obama is the “founder” of ISIS
- Collapse of key ISIS jihadi border pocket in Syria
- Syrian Democratic Forces release civilians trapped by ISIS
QAMISHLI – The official spokesman of the Kurdish forces of People’s Protection Units (YPG) accused the Syrian National Coalition (SNC) of supporting militants of the Islamic State (ISIS).
YPG spokesman Redur Khalil said in an official statement that the main Syrian opposition bloc of SNC has been providing a “political cover” to the terrorist attacks of ISIS on Kurdish areas in northern Syria.
“SNC represents a political face for the ISIS terrorist group. The coalition and its Interim Government have been providing political and financial support to ISIS since the radical group swept into Rojava (Syria’s Kurdish region),” Khalil said.
“We are aware that the SNC is using the financial aid it receives from the West to support ISIS,” he added.
“U.S. and European powers must reconsider their relations with the Syrian National Coalition. This opposition bloc claims to back the aspirations of the Syrian people while it actually funds the terrorist group of ISIS. We have information and documents that prove SNC’s support to ISIS,” YPG’s official said.
Khalil said that the SNC-linked Interim Government has been funding several ISIS-held hospitals and provided them with equipments and medical supplies in the cities of Tel Brak and Tel Hamis in the northeastern Syrian province of Hasakah. He added that the SNC in cooperation with Turkey have supplied military equipment to the radical group in northern Aleppo.
“They have been supporting the terrorist group against the Kurdish forces for years,” he added.
Reporting by: Ahmed Shiwesh
Source: ARA News