Victims of Syrian airstrikes in Aleppo. File photo
- ISIS bans internet in Deir ez-Zor
- Former lieutenant of Bin Laden killed in clashes near Syria’s Idlib
- Al-Qaeda in Syria executes 56 regime troops
- US: Assad must go, timing to be decided through negotiation
- U.S.-led coalition hit ISIS convoy near Aleppo, 14 militants killed
- Syrian warplanes attack ISIS-held Palmyra
- As UN envoy visits Damascus, Syrian warplanes hit ISIS-held Raqqa
ALEPPO – At least 15 civilians were killed and dozens injured after pro-Assad warplanes targeted a rebel-held neighborhood in Aleppo city with several rockets, local sources reported on Wednesday.
“Six children and nine women were killed in a new massacre by pro-Assad forces in Aleppo,” civil rights activist Wael Muhammad told ARA News.
“The regime warplanes launched some four rockets targeting residential buildings in al-Maadi neighborhood on Wednesday evening,” he said.
Muhammad added that civil defense activists are still searching for survivors under the rubble of the destroyed buildings.
“More than 25 people were hardly injured. They’ve been transferred to a field hospital for treatment,” the source said.
This comes one day after rebel fighters shot down a regime warplane near the Nairab military airport in Aleppo. Rebel fighters of al-Shamiya Front dropped an M6 warplane for the Syrian air force after taking off from Nairab military airport on Tuesday afternoon.
Reporting by: Taim Khalil
Source: ARA News