The online video allegedly shows one of the brothers shooting dead a cousin. (Al Arabiya)
- Obama and Putin clash over Syria
- Iran ready to discuss Syria ‘plan of action’
- Israel hits back after Golan rockets fired from Syria
- ISIS executes two Iraqi lawyers in Mosul
- World waited far too long to respond to the refugee crisis: UN refugee chief
- Next migrant wave could come from Lebanon: EU commissioner
- PKK bombs Turkish security headquarters, killing 19 forces
Saudi security forces engaged in a gunbattle with two brothers suspected of belonging to the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Sryia (ISIS), the Interior Ministry said on Saturday.
The shoot-out followed the distribution of a video online this week allegedly showing one of the brothers shooting dead a cousin, who was a member of the Saudi security forces.
The ministry said one of the brothers Abdul Aziz al-Anzi, 18, was killed, while his brother Saad, 21, was arrested and wounded during the shoot-out in the desert province of Ha’il.
The brothers are accused of killing their cousin, Madous Fayez al-Anzi, on Thursday, which marked the first day of Eid al-Adha.
They are also suspects in shootings that killed two civilians outside a police station and a soldier in separate incidents on Thursday.