- Kurdish Peshmerga forces storm ISIS strongholds in Iraq’s Yezidi region, cut off jihadis supply lines
- Turkey-PKK conflict may cause a humanitarian crisis in besieged town near Diyarbakir
- Turkey arrests more than 10 ISIS suspects
- ISIS in Sinai threatens to hit Egyptian army, Israel
- Israel bombs weapons shipment in Damascus
- U.N. chief warns against cuts in development aid to finance response to refugee crisis
- Brother of Iraqi MP killed fighting for ISIS in Syria
ATHENS – A one-year-old boy has died after a boat carrying migrants to the Greek island of Lesbos from Turkey began sinking during the night, the ministry of shipping said Friday.
It said the child was on board a dinghy with 55 others, who said they were Syrians, when the vessel began to take on water as it approached the shore of Lesbos.
He was found unconscious by a coast guard patrol boat, and medics were unable to revive him.