Militants of the Islamic State. File photo
- ISIS throws Syrian gay couple off a roof
- Syrian rebels advance in Hama after clashes with pro-Assad forces
- Syrian rebels oppose Iran talks attendance
- ISIS captures 19 security checkpoints in Aleppo after clashes with Syrian army
- Russian special forces sweep into Syria
- Militants of the Islamic State attack Kurdish headquarters in Syria’s Hasakah
- Dozens of civilians killed amid intensified Russian strikes north Syria
ALEPPO – Subsequent to conducting a number of car bomb attacks on locations of the Syrian regime forces, the radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) advanced Sunday in the eastern countryside of Aleppo, local activists reported.
The group was able to seiz several key positions near the town of al-Sufeira in Aleppo’s east.
ISIS has also seized control of regime’s military bases in the village of Tel Aran in the eastern countryside of Aleppo after fierce clashes.
Speaking to ARA News in Aleppo, media activist Wael Mohammed confirmed that ISIS militants were able to seize three buildings taken by the regime forces as military bases in the village of Tel Aran after fierce battles between the two sides in the outskirts of the village.
This was coupled with some four ISIS-led car bombs on the outskirts of Tel Aran and near the town of al-Sufeira, causing the death of dozens of pro-regime troops.
“Daesh (ISIS) militants have also destroyed two machine guns (14.5 caliber) belonging to the regime’s forces in the area,” Mohamed told ARA News.
Over the past few days, pro-regime forces have repeatedly attacked ISIS’s communities in Aleppo’s eastern areas in an attempt to lift the siege imposed on the beleaguered fighters inside the Kweiris military airport. However, ISIS was able to make new gains in the province.
Reporting by: Taim Khalil
Source: ARA News