Civilians in Deir ez-Zor looking for survivals of aerial attack by Syrian forces. File photo
- ISIS captures 19 security checkpoints in Aleppo after clashes with Syrian army
- Russian special forces sweep into Syria
- Militants of the Islamic State attack Kurdish headquarters in Syria’s Hasakah
- ISIS advances in eastern Aleppo after clashes with Syrian forces
- Dozens of civilians killed amid intensified Russian strikes north Syria
- ISIS shocking viewers: Syrian teenage prisoner crushed to death by a tank
- Assad’s top priority is defeating ‘terrorism’ before Syrian elections, Russian lawmaker says
ALEPPO – Pro-regime warplanes committed what activists called “a massacre” in the city of Talibisa in the northern countryside of Homs, central Syria, after targeting the area with a number of spatial rockets, local sources reported on Saturday.
The airstrike reportedly claimed the lives of dozens of civilians.
Speaking to ARA News in Homs, civil rights activist Maher Jumuat confirmed that the Assad regime’s warplanes has killed more than 20 people and wounded dozens others in an airstrike in the city of Talibisa.
The wounded were transferred to field hospitals in the nearby districts.
In the meantime, anti-Assad rebels were able to advance in the northern countryside of Homs, seizing a large deal of weapons and ammunition from the pro-regime security forces after killing a number of them.
“The Homs’ Liberation Movement (a rebel group) has been able to destroy a tank and seize another near the station checkpoint north of Homs, killing seven members of the security forces,” Jumuat told ARA News.
Backed by Russian air cover, pro-Assad forces seek to advance in the northern areas of Homs.
The rebel groups have started a counter-attack against the regime’s army in the northern countryside of Homs in a bid to break a siege imposed on the cities and towns in the area.
Reporting by: Taim Khalil
Source: ARA News