Rebels of the Levant Front in Aleppo. File photo
- Kurdish-Arab alliance regains new villages from ISIS, heads to last jihadi stronghold in Hasakah
- Dozens of civilians killed in Russian strikes in Syria’s Deir ez-Zor
- Syrian rebels recapture two villages near Turkish border after clashes with ISIS
- Kurds thwart ISIS attempt to regain positions north Raqqa
- Russian and Syrian warplanes conduct fiercest raids on ISIS positions in Deir ez-Zor
- Leishmaniasis breaks out among Syrian army forces near Palmyra
- UN envoy to Syria cites possibility of ceasefire, future political framework to end conflict
ALEPPO – At least 15 militants from the radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) have been killed during clashes with Syrian rebels of the Levant Front and As-Safwa brigades in the northern countryside of Aleppo, military sources reported on Friday.
Rebels were able to recapture several locations from the terror group, taking advantage of the anti-ISIS airstrikes carried out by the U.S.-led coalition’s warplanes in the region.
Speaking to ARA News in Aleppo, rebel commander Saleh Zein confirmed that fighters of Levant Front (al-Jabha al-Shamiya) in cooperation with As-Safwa brigades were able to detonate five buildings where ISIS insurgents were stationed in the town of Tel Mald in northern Aleppo.
“Our rebel forces have targeted the ISIS-held buildings with dozens of local-made missiles before blowing them up, and killing all militants inside,” the rebel commander said.
On the other hand, the U.S.-led coalition’s warplanes pummeled several key positions of the terror group in the towns of Asanbel and Herbel in Aleppo countryside, causing the death of at least ten militants, according to activists.
Several factions of the armed Syrian opposition have been engaged in clashes with ISIS militants in the northern countryside of Aleppo in a bid to fend off attempts by the radical group to capture it.
After two years of fierce battles, rebels of the Levant Front have succeeded to fortify major towns and villages in the northern countryside of Aleppo against ISIS militants.
Reporting by: Taim Khalil
Source: ARA News