An Iraqi member of ISIS radical group in Nineveh preparing mortars. File photo
- Turkish forces besiege Kurdish town of Silvan under the pretext of combatting PKK rebels
- More than 100 killed in Paris terror attacks
- Tunisian militants behead 16-year-old shepherd
- Kurds expel ISIS from major Yezidi town
- Kurdish Peshmerga forces storm ISIS strongholds in Iraq’s Yezidi region, cut off jihadis supply lines
- Turkey-PKK conflict may cause a humanitarian crisis in besieged town near Diyarbakir
- Turkey arrests more than 10 ISIS suspects
ERBIL – Uday Sultan al-Khatooni, a leading member of the extremist group of Islamic State (ISIS) and brother of Iraqi MP Zahid al-Khatooni, was reportedly killed during clashes with the Kurdish-Arab alliance of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) east of Hasakah, pro-ISIS sources reported on Tuesday.
Activists affiliated with the hardline group reported that al-Khatooni was killed a few days ago in clashes with the joint SDF forces near the ISIS-held town of al-Hawl in Hasakah province, northeastern Syria.
“He was buried in the district of Baaj near Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq,” a pro-ISIS media source said.
Speaking to ARA News in Hasakah, media activist Delovan Mohammed said a member of the Kurdish security forces in Hasakah revealed the names of two more family members of the Iraqi MP who were identified as Sufoog and Kamil al-Khatooni.
“Sufoog and Kamil are still fighting in the ranks of the terror group,” the source said, quoting the Kurdish official.
Noteworthy, the Iraqi MP Zahid al-Khatooni had another militant brother who joined ISIS and died in 2012 in an explosion while preparing hand-made bombs.
Separately, two commanders of the radical group were killed in an airstrike by the U.S.-led coalition on the ISIS-held town of al-Hawl, military sources said on Monday.
“Abu Khaled at-Tunisi, the ISIS military commander in the village of al-Buhaira, and Abu Khattab al-Iraqi, an ISIS commander in the group’s key stronghold of al-Hawl, were killed in an airstrike by the U.S.-led coalition on Sunday,” the Kurdish fighter Serdar Khalil told ARA News in Hasakah.
Reporting by: Sarbaz Yousef
Source: ARA News