A militants of the Islamic State beheading an Iraqi man. File photo
- Kurds expel ISIS from major Yezidi town
- Kurdish Peshmerga forces storm ISIS strongholds in Iraq’s Yezidi region, cut off jihadis supply lines
- Turkey-PKK conflict may cause a humanitarian crisis in besieged town near Diyarbakir
- Turkey arrests more than 10 ISIS suspects
- ISIS in Sinai threatens to hit Egyptian army, Israel
- Israel bombs weapons shipment in Damascus
- U.N. chief warns against cuts in development aid to finance response to refugee crisis
URFA – The extremist group of Islamic State (ISIS) on Sunday executed a group of its own Iraqi militants in Anbar province, on charges of dissidence attempts, local sources reported.
Speaking to ARA News in Anbar, a media source said that ISIS has recently arrested dozens of its own Iraqi militant fighters for trying to dissent and flee the city of Ramadi in Anbar province.
“The terror group beheaded eight of its militants in the town of Zankura in Anbar province, in addition to the arrest of dozens of local Iraqi militants,” the source reported.
“They were beheaded for committing high treason,” the source told ARA News on the condition of anonymity.
“They had planned their escape since weeks, but they were arrested on an ISIS checkpoint,” the source added.
In January, at least 15 ISIS militants in the Syrian border city of Tel Abyad have reportedly defected from the group and headed to the Turkish territory.
In October, 12 ISIS foreign militants were captured while trying to cross the border into Turkey. The group executed them on charges of treason.
Dozens of jihadists complained they were fighting against other rebel groups in Syria rather than against the regime of President Bashar Assad.
ISIS has reportedly created a special police force to arrest those who try to flee what it described as “duty”.
Over the last few months, dozens of militants dissented from the ranks of the radical group in Syria’s Raqqa and Iraqi provinces of Anbar and Nineveh, amid internal rifts over the distribution of money and power, according to local sources.
Reporting by: Jan Nasro
Source: ARA News