A fighter from the Syrian Democratic Forces observe the ISIS-held town of al-Hawl east of Hasakah. Photo: ARA News
- With Russian support, pro-Assad troops recapture key town near Aleppo
- Kurds repel ISIS attack on border town north Raqqa
- U.S.-backed Syrian forces recapture new areas in Hasakah after clashes with ISIS
- Israel bombs weapons shipment in Damascus
- Islamic State militants bomb YPG-held village north Raqqa, casualties reported
- Brother of Iraqi MP killed fighting for ISIS in Syria
- Syrian regime troops break ISIS siege of major air base in Aleppo
QAMISHLI – Supported by the U.S.-led coalition, the Kurdish-Arab alliance of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) recaptured several villages in the northeastern Syrian province of Hasakah subsequent to clashes with militant fighters of the Islamic State (ISIS), military sources reported on Monday.
The SDF troops regained control of the villages of Zaniya, Yezidiya, Suwefat in the eastern countryside of Hasakah.
The Kurdish-Arab joint forces have also recaptured the villages of Salaliya and Rajm Sharqi south of Hasakah, after forcing ISIS militants to withdraw under heavy shelling.
Speaking to ARA News in Hasakah, a spokesman for the SDF said that at least 23 ISIS extremists were killed in Monday’s clashes.
In the meantime, the U.S.-led coalition bombed ISIS positions in the vicinity of the clashes area, destroying three ISIS armored vehicles.
“The coalition’s strikes have facilitated our advance against the terror group in Hasakah province,” the source added.
The SDF has earlier recaptured 36 villages and several gas stations in Hasakah, after killing 178 militants of the extremist group of Islamic State (ISIS).
Noteworthy, the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces announced last week the start of a military campaign aimed at expelling ISIS from the province of Hasakah in northeastern Syria. The SDF includes Kurdish forces of the YPG and YPJ, the Syriac Military Council, the Arab tribal group of al-Sanadeed, al-Jazeera brigades, Jaish al-Thuwar group and Burkan al-Furat battalion.
Reporting by: Ahmed Shiwesh
Source: ARA News