ISIS radical group has executed at least ten of its own militants on charges of high treason in Mosul. File photo
- Head of ISIS-led Sharia Court in Iraq’s Tel Afar killed in U.S. strike
- Chinese artist to create refugee memorial on Greek island
- ISIS fight back in Ramadi, cut off Iraqi army’s supply line
- Dozens of civilian casualties reported as Turkey intensifies bombardment of Kurdish town
- Snowstorm hits Lebanon, thousands of Syrian refugees suffer in makeshift shelters
- ISIS militants execute three Kurds on charges of ‘spying for the Peshmerga’
- New York police arrest ISIS-inspired jihadi for planning terror attack on New Year’s Eve
ERBIL – At least ten militant fighters of the Islamic State (ISIS) were beheaded in the northwestern Iraqi city of Mosul on Sunday after being convicted of ‘high treason’ for evacuating their post at the battlefront without the group’s permission.
Speaking to ARA News in Mosul, media activist Abdullah al-Mallah said that the group arrested more than ten of its own militants and beheaded them in the public square of Baaj distrust in western Mosul on Sunday evening.
“The militants were found guilty for evacuating a post at the battlefront, where clashes took place between them and the Kurdish Peshmerga forces,” al-Mallah said.
“The Sharia Court of Mosul decided to behead them in front of hundreds of ISIS members in order to prevent others from taking such a move without the permission of their military leadership,” the source added.
Six of the executed militants were identified as Syrian nationals, while the rest were Western jihadists, according to an informed source in Baaj district.
This is not the first time that the terror group executes its own militants under such a pretext. In mid-November, ISIS executed 73 militant fighters for escaping battles with the Kurdish Peshmerga forces in Shingal (Sinjar) district in northern Iraq.
“Under the request of the group’s alleged caliph, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, some 73 ISIS militants, who apparently fled the fighting with the Peshmerga forces in the Yezidi region of Shingal, were executed,” the Kurdish official Saeed Mamozini told reporters in Erbil on November 16, adding that the executions were carried out by firing squad south of Mosul.
Reporting by: Sarbaz Yousef
Source: ARA News