ISIS execution in Manbij. Photo: Amaq
- ISIS jihadis attack army battalion in Syria’s Homs
- ISIS deserters form new militia southern Syria
- Syrian air force targets Islamists eastern Aleppo, casualties reported
- Western-backed forces report new gains eastern Syria, approaching Raqqa
- Syrian Kurds worried about Geneva talks
- ISIS executes two youngsters on charges of spying for Syrian rebels
- Scores of Syrian troops killed in ISIS-led car bomb attacks near ancient Palmyra
ERBIL ــ Radical group of the Islamic State (ISIS) has executed five people in Manbij city in Syria’s northern province of Aleppo on charges of “drug trafficking”, local sources reported on Thursday.
The five civilians were arrested by ISIS militants earlier on Wednesday. They were then referred to the Sharia Court which convicted them of drug trafficking and ordered their immediate execution.
“The five handcuffed men were shot dead in front of dozens of residents in Manbij city on Thursday,” local media activist Nasser Taljbini told ARA News.
The victims were identified as Musa al-Musa, Faisal Mohamed Saghir, Ali Aboud al-Omar, Thamer al-Aboud and Ibrahim Isa al-Fadl, according to eyewitnesses.
“The victims were described by ISIS as ‘spoilers on earth’,” the source said.
The ISIS-led Sharia Court in Manbij threatened to execute anyone who violates the group’s regulations.
Over the past two years, ISIS has publicly executed hundreds of civilians, activists, and journalists on various charges in the city of Manbij in northern Aleppo.
Reporting by: Salar Qasim
Source: ARA News