- Kurdish commander accuses Iraqi troops of leaking confidential information about Peshmerga to ISIS
- Yezidi fighters of YBŞ repel ISIS attack near Shingal, kill over 30 jihadis
- US-led coalition’s spokesman: battle for Mosul has not started yet
- Top ISIS commander killed in Iraqi army attack in Nineveh
- Dutch govt to send military experts to train Kurdish Peshmerga in war on ISIS
- Syrian Kurdish forces to inaugurate first representation office in Czech Republic
- Turkey’s Erdogan to discuss Syrian Kurds with US
ERBIL – The Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD) on Sunday condemned the bomb attack that killed at least four people in a busy tourist district in Istanbul.
“The PYD considers any action that targets innocent civilians, either by state forces or any other groups, as an act of terrorism, and condemns it. Regarding the attack that took place in Istanbul on 19/03/2016, we extend our deepest condolences to the families of the victims, wishing the injured a speedy recovery,” the PYD Foreign Relations Office said in a statement.
The Turkish government on Sunday said a Turkish citizen named Mehmet Ozturk born in 1992 and registered in Gaziantep, with links to the Islamic State, was behind the attack.
“The evidence at hand shows that he is connected to the Daesh [ISIS] terrorist organization,” said Turkish Interior Minister Efkan Ala on Sunday.
So far, the Islamic State group has never claimed responsibility for any attack in Turkey.
The PYD co-chair Salih Muslim last Wednesday also publically condemned the Ankara attack that killed at least 37 civilians last week that was carried out by the PKK splinter group TAK (Kurdistan Freedom Falcons).
Reporting by: Wladimir van Wilgenburg
Source: ARA News