ISIS militants executing Iraqi man. File photo
- HDP demands Turkey to stop demolition of Kurdish towns
- US Defence Secretary backs both Turkey and SDF to close ISIS border pocket
- Over 1400 Peshmerga soldiers killed so far in war on ISIS north Iraq
- Islamic State official executes his brother on charges of apostasy
- Syrian Kurds strongly condemn Orlando shooting, promise revenge by hitting ISIS
- US-led coalition bombs ISIS weapons warehouse in Mosul
- 200 civilians arrive to Iraqi Kurdistan after escaping ISIS in Fallujah
DUHOK – Extremists of the Islamic State (ISIS) executed a number of civilians in the city of Mosul in Iraq’s northwestern Nineveh province on charges of spying for anti-ISIS forces, local sources reported on Monday.
ISIS has brutally killed eight civilians in the camp of Ghazlani in Mosul on charges of collaborating with the Kurdish Peshmerga forces, according to local sources.
Speaking to ARA News in Mosul, media activist Dirar al-Omar said that the ISIS Sharia Court in the northern city of Mosul sentenced to death eight civilians who have been arrested a few days earlier on charges of spying for the Kurdish Peshmerga forces.
An ISIS Sharia member read the verdict against the victims, arguing they were cooperating with ‘enemies of Allah and the Caliphate’ [in reference to Peshmerga] against ‘Muslims’, according to eyewitnesses, who spoke to ARA News on condition of anonymity.
Several ISIS masked militants then shot the eight men dead and threw their corpses in the ditch west of the city [Mosul], as confirmed by several witnesses.
Al-Omar pointed out that the eight victims were from Mosul’s residents; “they were civilians who were neither members of ISIS nor of Iraqi security forces in the past.”
On Sunday, the radical group arrested and executed its own member Junaid Yassin Ali Aiwaz on charges of ‘high treason’ for trying to escape the ISIS-held city of Mosul. Aiwaz was arrested by the ISIS-led Hisba police last week. he was then referred to the Sharia Court which convicted him of apostasy and ordered his execution, according to local activists.
ISIS has been recently cracking down on Mosul’s people, arresting dozens of civilians and executing many on various charges, including spying for the US-led coalition forces, Peshmerga and Iraqi army.
Reporting by: Ali Issa
Source: ARA News