- Syrian opposition might soften its stance towards Kurds
- ISIS chief of Hisba police killed in clashes with Syrian Democratic Forces
- Syrian Kurds: Regime has no right to criticize Western special forces assisting SDF
- US-led coalition: second phase to liberate Manbij city to start soon
- United States to Russia: our patience on Syria ‘very limited’
- US Defence Secretary backs both Turkey and SDF to close ISIS border pocket
- ISIS jihadis abduct dozens of Kurdish civilians in Syria’s Aleppo
DEIR EZZOR – Extremists of the Islamic State (ISIS) stoned to death a teenage boy in Syria’s eastern Deir ez-Zor province on charges of being gay, activists and eyewitnesses reported on Monday.
Jamal Nassir al-Oujan, 15, was arrested by the ISIS-led Islamic Police in the Mayadin city of Deir ez-Zor province earlier on Sunday. The Sharia Court accused him of sodomy and decided to stone the boy to death.
“Al-Oujan was brutally stoned to death by ISIS militants in Jaradiq square in the Mayadin city on Monday afternoon,” an eyewitness told ARA News, speaking on condition of anonymity.
“Also, some civilians were forced to participate in stoning the victim,” the source said. “The brutal scene has shocked all residents of Mayadin.”
Speaking to ARA News, Ahmed Ramadan, media activist and head of the campaign ‘Deir ez-Zor Is Being Slaughtered Silently’, said: “The radical group [ISIS] has violated all human rights by carrying out brutal atrocities against civilians, punishing people on baseless charges only to show off its power over unarmed, peaceful civilians.”
Reporting by: Serbaz Yusif
Source: ARA News