Nice track attack. Getty
- Islamic State orders ‘hidden soldiers’ to carry out more attacks against West
- Iraqi government warns Kurdish Peshmerga not to enter Mosul, Barzani promises supportive role
- ISIS calls for jihad against Russia
- US to provide $1.2 billion to UN aid agencies in Iraq
- ISIS executes 20 civilians in Mosul on charges of ‘supporting enemies of the Caliphate’
- Scottish MP calls for more support for Syrian Kurds after Qamishli bombing
- UK government commission: Terrorist-linked charity misused funds
ALEPPO – The radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) on Saturday claimed responsibility for the deadly truck attack that hit the French city of Nice and killed 84 people on France’s national holiday.
The group said in a statement that one of its “soldiers” has carried out the deadly attack on Thursday.
Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, a 30-year-old Tunisian-born truck driver, carried out the terror attack, security sources reported.
Pro-ISIS Amaq agency quoted an ISIS official saying that the attack came in response to “calls to target nations of coalition states” that are fighting the radical group in Syria and Iraq.
Reporting by: Helin Saeed