- US-led coalition cooperates with Syrian rebels to cut off ISIS supply line on Iraqi border
- Russia: ISIS extremists targeting Kurdish civilians in Syria
- Syrian Kurds provide safe haven for thousands of Iraqis fleeing ISIS
- UN Special Envoy angers Kurds, suggests federalism provokes Syrians
- ISIS attack kills ten in Kurdish-held Syrian town
- Western-backed Syrian Democratic Forces seize over 10,000 ISIS documents
- Islamic State fighters capture airbase eastern Syria
ALEPPO – Extremists of the Islamic State group (ISIS) executed five civilians in the city of al-Bukamal in Syria’s eastern Deir ez-Zor province after accusing them of “spying for enemies”, activists and eyewitnesses reported on Thursday.
ISIS has executed five young men on charges of cooperating with the US-backed rebels of the New Syrian Army in their campaign against the jihadi group in al-Bukamal city on the Syrian-Iraqi border.
“The five men were beheaded after being convicted of leaking security information about ISIS movements inside al-Bukamal to the New Syrian Army fighters,” a local media activist told ARA News, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Also, ISIS media office in Deir ez-Zor province released a video showing the execution of the five men.
This comes as the western-backed New Syrian Army continue their offensive against ISIS positions in al-Bukamal for the fifth day, aiming at capturing the main ISIS-held crossing on the Syrian-Iraqi border and cut off the group’s supply lines there.
Reporting by: Shero Darwish
Source: ARA News