Militants of the Islamic State (ISIS). File photo
- US: Syrian Kurds and the PKK are not the same
- US drone attacks kill ‘up to 116 civilians’: report
- US to take in 10,000 Syrian refugees: official
- Kurdish intelligence and US-led coalition increase coordination to destroy ISIS leadership
- Iraqi Kurdistan’s security chief confirms delivery of aid to Syrian Kurds
- Deadly suicide attack hit Ataturk airport in Istanbul
- Syrian opposition calls on EU to sanction Russia over Syria
ERBIL – A top jihadi member of the Islamic State (ISIS) was killed along with his wife in an airstrike by the US-led coalition on Thursday, local sources in the Iraqi northwestern Mosul city reported.
A source in the Mosul hospital, who spoke to ARA News on condition of anonymity, said that the head of ISIS Sharia Court in Mosul was killed in an airstrike that targeted his house in Mosul city.
“The French-national jihadi and his wife were at home when a coalition airstrike bombed their residence,” the source reported, citing an ISIS security official.
Speaking to ARA News in Mosul, media activist Abdullah al-Malla said that ISIS was trying to keep the information about the death of the Sharia director confidential.
“The house of the Sharia head was completely destroyed in the raid, and the Islamic Police of al-Hisba were searching for the dead bodies of the official and his wife, supported by a rescue team. The group blocked all roads leading to the al-Aisar neighborhood where the strike took place,” al-Malla reported.
“ISIS is trying to hide information about the death of its top officials in order to maintain the morale of its members,” he said.
Reporting by: Chalak Haji
Source: ARA News