Pillars of smoke are seen subsequent to a Syrian airstrike on the old city of Homs. Photo: ARA News
- ISIS survivor to become UN Goodwill ambassador
- RSF: Family of murdered Kurdish journalist calls for international investigation
- Top Islamic State officials under fire
- US-led coalition destroys 110 ISIS oil tankers in a week: official
- Turkey to continue bitter war with Kurds despite peace calls: experts
- UK supplying ammunition, heavy weapons to Kurdish Peshmerga forces in fight against ISIS
- Islamic State’s Chief of Media Operations killed in Iraqi raid
DAMASCUS – CIA Director John Brennan said that maintaining territorial integrity in countries like Syria and Iraq might not be possible anymore.
The two countries have been so thoroughly damaged by warfare and sectarian conflict that they might not be put together again.