- Syrian Democratic Forces announce liberation of 60% of Raqqa city
- US-led coalition provides medical assistance to Raqqa Civil Council
- Iran building missile factory in Syria
- SDF general promises to liberate Syria’s al-Bab from Turkey-backed rebels
- Syrian rebels shoot down regime military jet near Jordanian border
- SDF troops capture more ground in Raqqa, expel ISIS from two districts
On the first anniversary of the liberation of Manbij city from ISIS, the Manbij Military Council said it will protect the city from the Syrian regime and Turkey-backed rebels.
The Manbij Military Council was formed by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) during the fight against ISIS in Syria’s northern Manbij city.
“We must take the interests of all the social parties into consideration and overcome any forms of division and disputes, in order to confront any hostile agenda by the Syrian regime and pro-Turkey rebel groups,” the council said in an official statement on Tuesday.
“We in the Manbij Military Council pledged ourselves and our martyrs before God and our people, that we will remain ready to defend the gains of the people in Manbij and its countryside,” it said.
“We will do whatever it takes to ensure security and stability in Manbij. We will not hesitate at any moment to exercise our legitimate right to defend the city against any possible attacks by any party, in parallel with continuing to pursue terrorism that threatens our country, our cities and villages.”
“At the same time, we affirm that we will continue our vital mission in defending Manbij from any potential danger, whether from the regime or from the mercenary groups operating under the precepts of the regional states,” the council concluded.
Reporting by: Wladimir van Wilgenburg | Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter