- HRW says US-trained Iraqi army unit committed war crimes in Mosul
- Israeli PM asks Erdogan to focus on Kurds or Cyprus, not Jerusalem
- Mosul humanitarian crisis ‘far from over’, millions of displaced civilians need support: UN official
- LGBT unit joins Kurdish forces in fight against ISIS extremists in Syria
- Kurdish media mogul aims to establish own party
- US-led coalition strikes last ISIS stronghold in Iraq’s Tel Afar
Kurdish female activist Nalan Oral, 37, who is living in Belgium, was released on Tuesday in Romania after 17 days in prison.
The Kurdish activist was arrested in Romania, after Turkey issued an Interpol arrest warrant for her.
On Tuesday, a judge decided to release her.
The activist is recognized as a political refugee by the Belgian authorities.
After protest by Belgium, Interpol removed the arrest warrant due to Oral’s political refugee status.
Oral was planning to meet her family on holiday in Bulgaria. However, the arrest stopped her holiday plans.
Reporting by: Wladimir van Wilgenburg | Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter