- ISIS jihadists showing stiffer resistance amidst SDF progress in Syria’s Raqqa: official
- Syrian Democratic Forces link up frontlines in Raqqa
- Syrian army gains ground on Jordan border
- Kurdish-led forces secure hundreds of civilians in Raqqa as anti-ISIS campaign rages
- Germany to support demining operations in Syria’s Manbij
- US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces liberate 264 civilians in Raqqa, kill 29 ISIS fighters
The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) destroyed an ISIS factory for mortars and mines in the al-Bayatra neighbourhood of Raqqa, killing 29 ISIS fighters, the SDF reported on Thursday.
“The Syrian Democratic Forces inflicted the mercenaries [ISIS] heavy losses of lives and equipment, destroying the main plant of mine manufacturing in al-Bayatra neighborhood, 29 mercenaries were killed during the clashes,” the SDF media centre reported.
SDF officials said that the clashes are still ongoing in al-Bayatra neighbourhood in Raqqa.
Moreover, on Wednesday night clashes continued in the Hisham Abdul Malik neighborhood – south of Raqqa, in which 19 ISIS fighters were killed.
Reporting by: Wladimir van Wilgenburg | Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter