- Syrian Democratic Forces announce liberation of 60% of Raqqa city
- US-led coalition provides medical assistance to Raqqa Civil Council
- Iran building missile factory in Syria
- Manbij forces vow to protect city against Syria regime, rebels
- Syrian rebels shoot down regime military jet near Jordanian border
- SDF troops capture more ground in Raqqa, expel ISIS from two districts
The General Commander of the SDF-linked al-Bab Military Council, Jamal Abo Jomaa, has promised the people of al-Bab city that the SDF will soon liberate their areas from the Turkey-backed Euphrates Shield rebels.
Jomaa said during the anniversary of the establishment of the SDF-linked al-Bab Military Council: “A year after the establishment of al-Bab Military Council, our people in the region of al-Bab and its villages continued to suffer from terrorist groups like ISIS, who committed the most despicable types of murder and displacement against the peoples.”
The SDF commander also accused Turkey-backed rebel groups of terrorising the people of al-Bab. “They practiced the most horrible forms of theft, looting, murder and kidnapping against innocent civilians,” he said.
Therefore, the Bab Military Council commander said they are going to liberate al-Bab from the Turkish-backed rebels.
“On behalf of the command of Al-Bab military council, we promise our people in the region of Al-Bab and its countryside that we are going to liberate every inch occupied by [pro-Tuyrkey] radical groups,” he concluded.
Reporting by: Wladimir van Wilgenburg | Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter