- Pro-Kurdish party condemns arrest of Turkish opposition MP
- UN won’t back Kurdistan independence referendum in Iraq: official
- Kurdish delegation visits European capital and the Netherlands to discuss war on ISIS
- At least 15 Turkish soldiers killed, 7 military vehicles destroyed by PKK in Diyarbakir
- Syrian Kurdish official: Iraqi Kurds have right to determine own destiny
- Syrian Kurds support independence of Iraqi Kurdistan
A member of the Iraqi Parliament on Tuesday accused the Shia paramilitary Popular Mobilisation Units (PMU) of kidnapping more than 7,000 Iraqi citizens.
Iraqi MP Badr al-Fahl said that the PMU is holding the kidnapped in four separate prisons.
“These four prisons held by the PMU include more than 7 thousand kidnapped from the people of Salah al-Din and other provinces,” he told reporters on Tuesday.
The Iranian-backed Shia units have been working with the Iraqi military forces in the fight against ISIS. The PMU has recently taken control of several Iraqi areas on the border with Syria after ISIS expulsion.
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter