- Kurds bid farewell to Arab fighters killed in anti-ISIS battles northern Syria
- Kurdish forces arrest ISIS-linked cell in Syria’s Hasakah
- Kurdish fighters repel ISIS-led attack north Syria
- Islamic State bombs ancient bridge, prevents Kurdish advancement to Raqqa
- Coalition strikes ISIS, backs Kurds in Sere Kaniye
- Syrian Kurds demand more support from U.S.-led coalition against ISIS
- Kurds kill 55 Islamists, defend Syria’s Sere Kaniye
Qamishli, Syria− The National Union of Syrian Students (NUSS) in Hasaka city organized on Tuesday a concert in support of the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in his nomination campaign for the presidency in the new constitutional mandate.
The concert was held in the faculties of Education and Arts in al-Furat University in Hasaka, north-eastern Syria.
During the gathering, participants raised Assad pictures as well as the Syrian official flag beside the Arab Socialist Baath Party’s, singing patriotic songs for Syria and the President Assad.
The pro-Assad students (NUSS) raised glorifying slogans and calls to pledge allegiance as they carried banners read “Syria’s students swear allegiance to Dr. Bashar al-Assad, sacrificing him with their blood“. “We will sacrifice more of our blood and our country for Dr. Bashar“.
A student from the Education faculty, conditioned anonymity, told ARA News that the NUSS members and the college’s staff forced students to participate in the concert as well as evacuating lecture halls to increase the number of participants in the concert.
“They (NUSS) also asked instructors suspend lecturing until the end of the concert,” said the student. “Despite the pressures, many students avoided participation in the pro-Assad concert”.
Notably, on Monday, the city of Hasakah and several other cities in Syria saw organized rallies to nominate Bashar al-Assad to the presidency election in Syria 2014 and in solidarity with the Syrian Arab Army (the pro-regime military forces).
Reporting by: Judi Aziz
Source: ARA News