A file photo showing the beheading of an Iraqi teenager by an ISIS executioner.
- Kurdish forces free 31 Yezidi abductees after storming ISIS detention center on Syria-Iraq border
- ISIS jihadis launch suicide attacks on Peshmerga positions northern Iraq
- Warning ‘Europe running out of time’, UN official presents six-point plan to solve refugee crisis
- Record 1.25 mln migrants arrived in EU in 2015
- Islamic State relocates dozens of prisoners from Iraq’s Mosul to Syria’s Raqqa
- ISIS launches chlorine gas attack on Kurdish positions north Iraq
- Clashes break out between Jordanian forces and gunmen near Syria border
QAMISHLI – The radical group of Islamic State (ISIS) on Tuesday executed a teenage boy in Mosul city of Iraq’s northwestern Nineveh province.
The 15-year-old boy was arrested by ISIS militants in central Mosul for listening to “western music”, according to local sources.
“Ayham Hussein was captured by the jihadis while listening to Pop music at the grocery store of his father in the Nabi Younis marketplace in western Mosul. He was referred to the Sharia Court, which issued a decision to execute him,” a spokesman for the Nineveh media center told ARA News.
“ISIS jihadis publicly beheaded the boy,” the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The victim’s body was reportedly handed over to his family on Tuesday evening. The incident has raised public outrage among Mosul’s residents.
“There was no formal decision by the Sharia Court that ban listening to western music,” the source said, adding this was the first case of its kind to be documented in Mosul.
Reporting by: Ahmed Shiwesh
Source: ARA News