- US officials meet with Raqqa civilian council to discuss reconstruction
- US-led Coalition, SDF officials deny suspension of anti-ISIS operations in Raqqa
- Kurdish forces foil Turkey-led attack north of Aleppo
- Syrian Kurdish party calls on Rojava Administration to release all political prisoners
- Kurdish security official says ISIS leader al-Baghdadi still alive, located south of Raqqa
- Kurdish-led forces destroy key ISIS headquarters in Raqqa, kill dozens of militants
Jaish Khaled executed a Syrian man on Thursday. The jihadist group had captured the unfortunate man in Sahm, a town in southern Daraa Governorate.
The extremist group claimed that their victim was an apostate. A local media activists told ARA News that “he was executed by firing squad in front of dozens of people.”
ISIS activists shared footage from the execution on social media.
Jaish Khaled broke off from the Syrian opposition in early 2016. The group pledged its loyalty to ISIS shortly after but retains operational independence.
The renegade faction controls a pocket in Darra Governorate, which borders Jordan and the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights. In February it launched an offensive against the Southern Front, capturing a handful of villages.
Reporting by: Samir al-Haj | Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter